Mastering MISRA C
- Registration deadline: September 13, 2023
- First Live Workshop: September 14, 2023
- Live Workshops Weekly Through September 28, 2023
This half-day, intensive workshop offers an in-depth understanding of the latest MISRA C:2023 guidelines for software development in the embedded systems domain. Attendees will gain practical knowledge and techniques to implement these robust and safety-critical guidelines, further enhancing the reliability, portability, and safety of their C programming projects. Ideal for both novices and seasoned professionals, this workshop provides the latest insights and strategies to navigate the complexities of MISRA C:2023 effectively.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Introduction to MISRA C
- Deep dive into MISRA C guidelines
- Compliance and Practical Application of MISRA C
By the end of the course, participants will have a solid understanding of MISRA C:2023. You'll be able to use this knowledge to design and implement MISRA-C:2023 compliant code for embedded systems.
Note: The total run-time for this course is approximately 4 - 6 hours .
Detailed Course Outline
Session 1: Introduction to MISRA C:2023
In this session, you will learn how MISRA C fits into the modern development process for embedded systems. We will cover a range of topics, including:
- An overview of MISRA C:2023 and its importance.
- Discuss the differences and improvements from the previous version.
- Discussing the significance of MISRA C:2023 for embedded systems development
- Understanding the context: When and why you should use MISRA C.
Bonus Lecture: Successful Embedded Software Development
Session 2: Deep Dive into MISRA C:2023 Guidelines
In the session, you will walk-through key guidelines and get familiar with MISRA C. Topics covered in the session include:
- Detailed walk-through of key MISRA C:2023 guidelines
- Discussing categories of rules: mandatory, required, and advisory
- Examine specific rules which often lead to bugs and how to correct them
Session 3: Compliance and Practical Application of MISRA C
In this session, you will learn about how to apply and comply with MISRA C guidelines. Topics covered in the session include:
- Compliance requirements
- Tools and techniques for implementing MISRA C:2023 in your development environment.
- Strategies for adopting MISRA C:2023 in existing projects: Full compliance vs. partial compliance.
- Q&A, addressing common obstacles in MISRA C:2023 implementation.
- Next steps
- Additional resources
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) Will the recording be available?
Yes. The recording will be made available after each session
2) How long will I have access to the materials?
You will have access to the materials indefinitely. The goal is to provide you with a quality, professional class you can reference to refresh the concepts as needed.
3) How do I access the course?
The course is hosted on Jacob's Kajabi site. You'll receive a login and instructions upon signing up. Live sessions use Zoom.
4) When are the live sessions scheduled?
The 2023 Fall Live sessions will take place on the following days:
September 14, 2023 @ 11 - 12:30 ET
September 21, 2023 @ 11 - 12:30 ET
September 28, 2023 @ 11 - 12:30 ET
5) Can my entire team attend?
There are various course licensing options available. In general, we provide one login and access per person. However, if you have a team, please contact us to discuss the best options. (A license is required for each attendee).
6) What development board is used for the course?
This course does not require a development board.
7) Are there hands-on labs?
Yes, this course does include hands-on exercises. The exercises do not require a development environment. They are focused on the MISRA standard.
About The InstructorJacob Beningo is an independent consultant and lecturer who specializes in the design of embedded software for resource constrained and low energy mobile devices. He has successfully completed projects across a number of industries including automotive, defense, medical and space. He enjoys developing and teaching real-time and reusable software development techniques using the latest methods and tools. He blogs for DesignNews.com about embedded system design techniques and challenges. Jacob holds Bachelor's degrees in Electrical Engineering, Physics and Mathematics from Central Michigan University and a Master's degree in Space Systems Engineering from the University of Michigan.
The registration fee is $295
How to Register?
Click on the register tab located near the top of this page.
Feel free to contact us
Feel free to CONTACT US if you have questions or are having difficulties with the registration procees.